Making your own marinara sauce is easy to do and much tastier than store-bought brands. This recipe staple is packed with flavor and can be used in many of your favorite dishes.
2 pounds Roma tomatoes, halved
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 drop Basil oil
1 toothpick Oregano oil
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place sliced tomatoes, onions, and garlic on baking sheet.
Add a generous amount of sea salt, pepper, and olive oil to top of tomatoes and onion.
Cook for one to two hours or until tomatoes and onions begin to darken around the edges.
Remove from oven and transfer to food processor or blender.
Pulse until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
Add Basil and Oregano oil and stir.
Tip: Enjoy with spaghetti squash and chicken meatballs for a delicious and healthy meal.
Spring Detox juice
- 3 stalks kale
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 lime
- 1 apple
- 1 cucumber
- 1 drop Cilantro essential oil
Combine ingredients, except essential oil, in a juicer. Juice and add essential oil last to taste.
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:5 minutes
1 cup finely shredded coconut, divided
1 cup almond butter
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chia seeds
3 drops Wild Orange essential oil
1. Place all ingredients into mixer except for half cup shredded coconut.
2. Add essential oil.
3. Mix until well combined.
4. Roll into balls and coat in the other half cup of shredded coconut.
5. Place in the refrigerator.
Eat when you need an extra boost of energy or before a workout.
Super creamy and warm, this soup is perfect for a cold winter day.
¼ cup medium diced onion
¼ cup medium diced celery
¼ cup small diced carrot
3 cups medium diced butternut squash
2–3 cups chicken stock
½ cup heavy cream or evaporated skim milk
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 drops Cardamom essential oil
2 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- Roast first 4 ingredients in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven; when nicely browned put in sauce pan.
- Add 2 cups chicken stock, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until just boiling, place in food processor.
- Puree until smooth, add more stock if needed for smooth, soupy texture.
- Add essential oils.
- Add more seasoning if needed. Serve hot.
Herbed Pasta Salad
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
1 (16oz) pkg. bow-tie pasta
2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
7 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
1 medium sweet yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/2 cup of pickled banana pepper rings
1 (2 1/4 oz) black olive slices
8 slices salami, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly shredded
3/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 drops doTERRA Basil essential oil
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients leaving dressing until last.
3. Mix dressing ingredients in a blender until emulsified.
4. Toss dressing with pasta until coated. Cover and refrigerate for one hour to allow flavors to mingle.
5. Serve in a large bowl and enjoy!
3 lbs. ground beef
1 lb. groundItalian sausage
1 large onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
3 carrots, sliced thinly then chopped
4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
1 Poblano pepper, finely chopped
2 – 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 28 oz. can black beans
3 Tblsp. chili powder
2 Tblsp. cumin
2 smoked chili peppers in sauce
1 Tblsp. Stevia or 2 Tblsp. Honey
4 drops doTERRA Cilantro Essential Oil
1 drop doTERRA Lime Essential Oil
1 drop doTERRA Basil Essential Oil
4 drops doTERRA Black Pepper Essential Oil
Brown meat. Add onion, celery, carrots, mushroom, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until vegetables have softened. Add remaining ingredients except oils, stirring after each addition. Cook for at least 1 hour. Add oils and cook for 10 minutes. Better if made a day ahead
Sweet Potato Casserole
with Cinnamon Essential Oil
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
2 drops Cinnamon essential oil